April 28-29: Fifth Sunday of Easter
April 21-22: Good Shepherd Sunday; Fr. Michael Joncas visits!
This weekend we're thrilled to welcome Fr. Michael Joncas to OLIH for both Sunday morning Masses. He'll preach at the 8:30 and will preside and preach at the 10:30 a.m. Note also there's a baptism during the 8:30 a.m. Mass. And...don't forget the banquet right after 10:30 am Mass on Sunday and the Evening Prayer at 5 on Sunday!
- Entrance: "I Have Loved You." Sing all three verses and the refrains which follow. After the final refrain, continue seamlessly (attaca) with the the last six measures plus a two beats pick-up (the last five alleluias) of "Jesus is Risen." Recording of final refrain and alleluias
- Psalm: Refrain from Marty Haugen Let Us Rejoice, using Alleluia in place of the words. Verses from Respond and Acclaim for 4/22/2018, transposed to F minor. Recording
- At 8:30: After the homily is the baptism. Once Ila has been baptized and Fr. Steve says, "Amen," lead the congregation in singing the refrain to Celtic Alleluia once.
- Preparation of the Gifts and Altar: "With Jesus As Our Shepherd," by Michael Joncas. Score Recording
- Communion: No Greater Love. Congregation has only the refrain.
- Sending Forth: The Day of Resurrection. Sing all 4 verses, then close with the last alleluia of "Jesus Christ is Risen Today" (in A Major, of course). Recording
Men's Chorus: Singing 4 Feb 2018, 8:30 a.m.
Thanks to those who were able to be at our practices. Great sound, and it was fun to get together. Next time we meet is 7:30 a.m. this Sunday, 2/4, to prep the 8:30 Mass.
I put together a YouTube playlist (click here) of the music for 2/4. If you have a chance to listen before Sunday, it'll help us get a head start...and help you tune into the liturgy for the day. First one, "Be Thou My Vision," will be the men's chorus only.
Even if you weren't able to get to the practices this time, please join us. We need your voice! See you Sunday!
Tuesday Choir, 16 Jan 2018: Lent Music
At last night's choir rehearsal, we looked at music for Lent, as well as the Mass parts for Lent and Easter (Heritage Mass). Take a few minutes each week to listen to recordings of some of the Lent music we did last night. See you next Tuesday if not before! Thanks for your ministry of music!
Click on the title for a recording:
Advent 2017 Music
Entrance Song: See, I am Near (Taize) Accompaniment only Verse 1|Verse 2|Verse 3|Verse 4|Verse 5|Verse 6
Penitential Act B: Mass of Spirit and Grace (Adapted)
Two options for the Responsorial Psalm each week:
- Respond and Acclaim: [December 2-3] | December 8 | December 9-10 | December 16-17 | December 23-24
- Spirit and Psalm: December 2-3 | December 8 | December 9-10 | December 16-17 | December 23-24
Prep of Gifts: December 2-3 | December 8 | December 9-10 | December 16-17 | December 23-24
Communion: Holy is Your Name
Hymn of Praise after Communion: Comfort, Comfort Now My People (Not quite this fast...but all the other videos were too slow!)
Varying verses of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" each week
Christmas Eve 11 pm Parts: O Holy Night
Here are some recordings to help singers learn the parts to music for Christmas Eve 11 pm Mass.
"O Holy Night," arr. Rene Clausen
Soprano 1: Debbie, Catherine,
Soprano 2: Judi, Diane, Marilyn
Alto 1: Sara, Jackie, Jeanne
Alto 2: Mary Ann, Marcia
Tenor 1: Charlie
Tenor 2: Dan, Don
Bass 1: Pat, Gale
Bass 2: John, Matt