Confirmation Date/Time for 2020
As a community of faith we pioneered a comprehensive early childhood through high school faith formation process from the very beginning of our founding. We pride ourselves for our willingness to be leaders, willing to step out in faith, look forward to the future with hope and optimism to be living witness to the Gospel of Christ and we have continually invited others to join us on this journey.
Celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation at Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart Church historically has been in the late spring. For 2020, we have submitted the following fall dates to the Des Moines Diocese Bishop's Office:
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Sunday, October 4, 2020
- Sunday, October 11, 2020
This means the 2019-2020 10th grade group will celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation on one of these dates. In taking this bold step we become the largest Catholic parish in the Diocese to lead the way forward, living the Gospel intentionally. We believe this new direction will:
- Remove the sacrament physically and visually from the graduation season
- Encourage Our Lady's Youth on their journey of life-long formation as they remain with their small groups for their 11th & 12th grade years
- Provide youth an opportunity to complete service work during the summer
- Provide youth an opportunity to work with their Sponsor over the summer months, as many of our sponsors live some distance from Ankeny
We are excited to take this step of faith in our shared story as a people of faith and we invite you to join us in this exciting moment as we together encourage Our Lady’s Youth to be intentional life-long disciples of Jesus and active participating members of His Church.
As soon as the Bishop's Office notifies us of the date, we will disseminate the information widely through our many forms of communication.
Forms needed for Confirmation preparation:
Not sure what to do for Service? Here's a list of current opportunities in our parish and surrounding area: List of Service Opportunities
Questions or forms can be sent to Tom Primmer