There are a few paths to Becoming Catholic – which one best describes you?
I have not been baptized; I was baptized into another Christian faith; I have been baptized Catholic, but have received no other Sacraments
- Sessions begin on September 12, 2017
- Sessions are held every Tuesday night through April
- Reception into the Church at Easter.
I have been baptized in another Christian faith; I have been baptized Catholic, but have received no other Sacraments
- Sessions begin on February 26, 2018
- Sessions are held on Monday nights.
- Reception into the church on November 1, at the feast of All Saints.
I have been baptized Catholic and I have received my First Communion.
- Sessions begin in January and are held for 4 weeks.
If you are interested in Becoming Catholic or completing the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation) contact Sister Susan Widdel at 964-3038.
What to do if my child is 8 years old and has not received Baptism or is in 3rd grade or older and has not yet received First Communion (Eucharist):
- Register student for grade-appropriate Faith Formation classes - the preferred time, if available, is Tuesdays at 5:30pm
- Contact Sister Susan Widdel to arrange for some discussion of your child's needs
- In October students will attend classes specific to the Sacraments twice a month on Tuesdays at 5:30pm (they will need to check in with their regular Faith Formation teacher for attendance purposes, then will go to classroom for sacraments)
- Those here for Baptism will be Baptized at the Easter Vigil
- Those here for Reconciliation and Eucharist will receive sacraments before Lent
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is the process that adults go through to become Catholic and be fully initiated into the church. It is more than just learning the history, rules and regulations. It is building a relationship with God and the worshiping community.
To learn more about the process check the USCCB website.