Chapter 15: Falling in Love
Books, conversation, TV, music, all these feed our minds, our mind feeds our thoughts, our thoughts feed our actions.
So what are you filling your mind with? Are you reading good spiritiual books that help you to feed on the Word of God? How about listening to music or talk radio that helps you to become a better Christian? When you enter into conversations are they focused on truth or gossip?
Matthew Kelly has his list of top ten books he encourages that all Catholics should read. But what about you? If you were to make a list of the top 10 what would you put on it?
I asked the staff: name one book that you have read that has made a significant impact on your spiritual journey - here's what they said:
- Randy - “The Life of Pi,” by Yann Martel
- Joyce - “Fresh Bread” by Joyce Rupp
- Abby - "I Choose the Sky" By Emily Wilson
- Becky - "The Heart of Centering Prayer" by Cynthia Bourgeault
- Diane - "The Desert Pilgrim" by Mary Swander
- Kayla - pick one: "Theology of the Body for Beginners" – Christopher West; "Toward God" by Michael Casey; "Why Children Matter" by Johann Christoph Arnold
- Joan and Shelley - "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young
- Patty - There are several, but... "The Return of the Prodigal Son" by Henri Nouwen
Books, Movies, Music - affect our interior life and can push us to look at life differently. Be aware of what you read, listen to or watch - how does it speak to you? Where does it lead you?