Join us at Masses this fall! The scriptures are filled with the parables of Jesus, both familiar and lesser known, culminating with the parable of the last judgement, in which Jesus says clearly that God will judge us based on how we respond to the needs of the least among us.
Bookmark this page and visit often--it's updated weekly and seasonally with information on our upcoming liturgies.
If you are interested in sharing your gifts and your time in our worship, check out the Liturgical Ministries page for information on getting involved.
Daily and Weekly Liturgical Resources
- Today’s Scriptures at Mass, from the US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Reflections on the Sunday scriptures, by the St. Louis University Center for Liturgy
October 22-23, 2017: 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
This weekend's music:
- Entrance Procession: Praise to the Lord (Text: Neander, tr. by Winkworth; Tune: LOBE DEN HERREN)
- Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 96, setting by Owen Alstott
- Preparation of the Altar and Gifts: Spirit and Grace, by Ricky Manalo
- Communion Procession: Gift of Finest Wheat, by Robert Kreutz
- Sending Forth: O God Beyond All Praising or Holy God, We Praise Thy Name
Ordinary Parts of the Mass: October 7-November 26
Reflect on the Sunday Gospel...
Many of you who hold meetings at OLIH start them off with the Sunday reading, a reflection on it and questions to help you see how it relates to your own life and in your relationship with Jesus. In an attempt to make this an experience the whole parish can share, here are they are--
- As you hear/read this parable, is there anything in particular that stands out to you? If so, please share.
- Jesus has invited us to the banquet. What has challenged you most /OR helped you most in receiving and responding to this invitation?